Monday, May 04, 2009

A Day in the Barn...

Sunday I spent many hours in the barn. What in the world were you doing for hours, you might find yourself asking. Well, I was helping to shave and tag pigs for the sale next weekend. Below are are few pics, forgive the quality, they were taking with a very low res digital camera and the flash was not great either.

This is one pen of little pigs there need a hair cut and their ears pierced.

This is another pen of little pigs. They only need their ears pierced.

I don't know if you can tell, but he is holding a shaver in his hand. The little pigs get a "quick" shave. I was shaving their left side and Dad was shaving the right. This worked out well so the pig could lay on the fence and not have to move around a lot.

This is the ear tagger (piercer). Each one will have a unique number for the sale.


Max too got a shave, but not Sunday, sometime last week. I didn't recognize him. I thought my parents had gotten another dog.


In case you need a reminder this was Max in March.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love max shave. He looks more like a lab

SirchKismet said...

My question is did they save max's hair? I just saw a news story where people get their pets saved and then use the hair like wool to weave items like purses and blankets. Can you image a max afghan. ;-)

allie said...

Anonymous: He does, yep.

Sirchkismet: Max is a cold weather dog, it gets to be too much in warmer weather. Last year he just got his tummy shaved. He seems happy, running around like a pup. I don't want to think about a max afghan, he rolls around in the pig poop. *smile*