Monday, May 18, 2009

Did You Know…

Few items are made in the US these days. I find myself looking for the “Made in____” on many products. I’m willing to pay a bit more to keep a job here in the US when possible. It’s refreshing to learn what items are made here.

I recently learned Dum Dums are made right here in Ohio. They are made in Bryan, Ohio to be exact. I’ve never been there that I know of, but I have tasted my share of Dum Dums before. I did a bit of research and found a few interesting facts, in addition to where they are made.

*There were 7 original flavors: lemon, lime, orange, coconut-pineapple, cherry, grape, and butterscotch.

*The suckers got their name because the original sales manger felt Dum Dum was something any child could say. Great marketing!

*You can actually take a tour of the Dum Dum factory.

*Currently Dum Dums come in 16 flavors and then of course there mystery flavor which is a mixture of any two current Dum Dum flavors.

*The company make about 10 million Dum Dums a day!

And now you know!

No comments: