Monday, August 27, 2007

Murphy

The big move was the past weekend. Murphy’s little laws were hard at work. If it could go wrong... it did. Two trailers and two truck loads full, I finally made the big move. The morning began at 5am and by 12pm, I was ready to give up. I mean really if there was potential for a problem it happened, unbelievable! Everything from not being able to fit everything in one trip, therefore two round trips and several arm loads, to a bed that apparently is too large to make the turn to the upstairs in the new townhouse. I have now been told this is a chronic issue in these older townhouses and many have had to cut the boxes springs to get them to go up the stairs. There was no cutting on my part, but there was a lot of tight straps, pushing, pulling, cursing, and finally a bit of ceiling gone later, it made it up. Now, the interesting part will be the next move out of the townhouse and how to get it back down the stairs, but I’m not going to think about that too much right now. I have loads of bruises and sore muscles, little sleep, and poor diet to make me a bit grumpy and put off today, but I’m sure that as soon as I can see my the floor in at least one room of the house, I’ll feel a lot better.

No comments: