Wednesday, February 16, 2011

What is a Playaway?...


Great question reader. A Playaway is basically an MP3 Player with a single book already programed. You can listen to the book, pausing at any point, and start back where you left off. My library provides the playaway and I provide the battery and the head phones. This takes a lot less battery than trying to listen to an entire book on CD on a portable CD player, although I maybe the only one left that uses this. I'm on playaway number 2 and still using the same battery.

Find more at playaway.com or ask at your local library.

I admit, I prefer the paper of a book and the actual page turning, but this is a great way to get in books you want to read while doing dishes, cooking, or walking. At least for me.

The current playaway I'm listening to and my purple earbuds.  *grin*

Happy Wednesday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your purple earbuds look like... look like... something more fun than earbuds. ;)