Thursday, July 09, 2009

The popsicle…

I have rediscovered the popsicle.

Did you know…

*Popsicle sticks were first made from Birch wood.

*In 1905, the Popsicle was invented by an eleven-year-old Frank Epperson.

* Frank left his fruit flavored soda outside on the porch with a stir stick in it. The drink froze to the stick and tasted good.

*18 years later in 1923 Epperson applied for a patent for a "frozen ice on a stick" called the Epsicle ice pop, which his children re-named the Popsicle.

I bought a box of the ones that are in the long plastic tube. They are yummers, I had a blue raspberry one for lunch.

Go out, enjoy the popsicle, if you want you can even crush them up in a cup and add a bit of gray goose, not your 5 year olds popsicle.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't get the slow melt or whatevere they are called. NOt a real popsicle.

Desi's Thoughts and Idea's said...

You have to have bomb pops in your top 5
nothing's better on a hot afternoon.

des

SirchKismet said...

All I have to say on this subject is....Dreamsicles...hhhmmmmmmm!!!!.

allie said...

Anonymous: Never heard of the slow Melt, but I'll stay away.

Des: I do love the bomb pop!

SirchKismet: I think Dreamsicles are orange in flavor, not a fan, sorry.