Friday, January 15, 2010

If I Can You Can Too...


Shut up! Two in the same week, I know I am on it! Ok, so I haven't blogged every day, but well sorry.

Now, Buffalo Chicken Stromboli

First, the night before or at least 6 hours before you want to make the Stromboli, get the bread dough out of the freeze, there is a quick 2 hour option on the bread bag.

You will need a loaf of frozen bread dough, you can find this in the freeze section near the rolls and such.

Now, if you wrap the frozen bread too tight, when it thaws it will start to grow down your counter tops.




I recommend putting it on a plate or cutting board and loosely cover it with the saran wrap.




Now start your chicken.  Can I get an OH!




IO!

Ok, now that it done. Cut your chicken into small chunks, likely 1/2 a breast per Stromboli, depending on your preference. Put the chunks in a skillet on low heat, add salt and pepper to taste and some hot sauce.



The Kroger brand is really tasty and cheaper, so go for it!

Now, while the chicken is cooking through, take about 1/3 to 1/2 of your bread dough and roll it out flat.



Then dice a few onions, green peppers, and mushrooms if you like-I like.  Put 'em on the flat dough.


Add a little hot sauce!  Nicely done!

When your chicken is cooked add it to your veggies along with some cheese, I picked good old mozzarella, but you can use what you like.



Now carefully bring the two sides of the dough up and pinch it together. Be sure to tuck the ends in, you don't want your goodness to ooze out.


Pop the stromboli in the oven at the temp your bread dough requires, see packaging, likely 350, until the dough browns.



There you have it, stromboli now you can add any "gusts" you want.  I added a bit more hot sauce to my Buffalo Chicken Stromboli on the top, I like it hot.

No comments: