Monday, February 08, 2010

Weekend Update…

This will not be a funny as an SNL weekend update, but it will give you an idea of my world, from my view.

Friday night: Pizza and pints at Byrnes. Ah, lovely!

Saturday: brave the 9 inches of snow to go to Kohl’s. The airport reported 9 inches, I didn’t measure, but since I’m only a short distance from the airport, I would guess a good report. Spent two hours in Kohl’s during power hours. I talked to my Mom for a bit before going into the store because there were so few cars, I didn’t want to be “that person” shopping in a snow storm. Which is really funny, because I’m not really a shopper. Trip to local library. Trip to Kroger, with the entire county. Huddled under many blankets to keep warm. A bit of laundry done. Watched a movie from library.

Sunday: Woke up to bugger down the street scraping sidewalk, argh why didn’t he do it Saturday! Hot shower to warm up cold nose. Tool around house doing dishes, laundry, and such. Hitch a ride with Ms. H to Tea House for a late-morning snack. Accompany Ms. H to Kohl’s, I had Kohl’s cash, it couldn’t be helped. Of course no clothing was found for second interview Thursday or first interview Tuesday, but oh well. I always need a spare pair of gloves and sunglasses. Return home, more in-depth cleaning, watched some of the game. Made yummy garlic cheese burger for dinner. Broke favorite glass, argh, shattered in bits, I guess the gods didn’t like the way I cleaned the kitchen floor the first time. Watched game, annoyed that Colts didn’t win. I didn’t really care, but tired of hearing about “storybook” year for Saints. Sleep.

Monday (so far): holy macaroni, freezing walk into work. Long day of emails and appointment. Is it 430pm yet?

There you have it, good times.

No comments: