Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Today Sucks…

At least so far, it sucks. I had to get up early to get ready because of this darn snow. I’m tired of it, do you hear me Mother Nature, I’m tired of it. I had to pack two bags to bring into work. One with interview cloths and crap, and a bag with a hair dryer makeup, and other work crap.

I have an interview here on campus later this afternoon. Of course it’s on the other side of campus and I’ll have to put on my boots to get there in the crappy snow, so now what do I do, pack the regular shoes and change or just pull my pant legs out and wear the boots. I figure I’ll just wear the boots, because really I think they already have decided who they are going to hire, it’s not me, so why go through that extra effort. I’m going to be snow covered anyway.

I made it to my office, only to find my suit jacket had gotten wet, because somehow snow got into the bag, argh! It’s hanging up right now, trying to dry. Normally my office is a lovely 75-80 degrees, not today though, what’s the deal.

I did bring my hair dryer, which I did use, because my hair was wet from the snow, even with a hat on my bangs were a mess, so I dried my hair I guess I can dry the jacket if needed. I think I spent 30 minutes after getting into my office getting the layers off, drying my hair, and putting on makeup. There was no point before leaving the house because as mentioned the snow would have just made my face a soggy mess.

You might be asking yourself, why didn’t she just wear the interview cloths to work. Well, good question. I couple of reason.

One, I’m trying to keep my interview on the down low. Mostly from one co-worker that drives me insane with his cryptic calendar and his attitude that he is the only one in the office with his salt because he’s working on his PHD. Who gives a flying fig? Really! I could if I wanted to, but I like my free time and the PHD is not going to provide the salary it should after all the work put into it. If I never get a job above the one where I’m at now because I don’t have a PHD, that’s just fine. I’ve decided once you have your PHD, you lose any common sense you may once have had anyway. Sorry to those who may have a PHD, but it’s true.

Two, I’m having lunch with Jim Tressel. No, it’s not just Mr. T and me off to discuss the incoming recruits for next year. It’s a professional development thing with the college about team work or some such crap. Now, I like the idea of a free lunch and Mr. T is not a horrible presenter, but they want us to wear our Scarlet and Gray for this event. So, I have on my suit pants with a Scarlet and Gray Polo for the first event of the day, this Polo is not acceptable interview clothing. So hence, the two outfits, one day, and Mother Nature just laughing her little head off.

I don’t see this interview going well. They changed the time of the Mr. T event and now I have a student right before, one of my “stretching students”, and will be running late to run across campus for the first time today for this event. Then back a few more appointments and then back across campus again. Normally bring on the time out of the office time, but does it have to be snowing, accumulating 3-5 inches today! Today! AGH! I need Friday, now or at least 430pm!

`

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cheer up, sweetie! The snow is beautiful, and the interviewers will be impressed that you showed up at all! =)

Wondering about our chocolate tasting tonight, though..still on as far as I know.

-H