Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Where Have You Been?...

This is a question I've been asked the last couple of days from a few of you readers. I'm very sorry, I know I've left this blog for the vultures to swoop down and eat at will. I'm going to try and be better, just a bit better, I don't want to get your expectations too high.

September has been a very busy month. I sit now looking at my planner and realize exactly why I'm so tired and have not been a blogging lady.

There was the Fair, then dinner with marrieds, then a wedding (not mine), trips to the airport (no, I was not going anywhere--picking people up, taking them back), movies, wedding parties (no another one--again not mine), senior pictures (now really do I need to say, not mine), Pampered Chef parties to plan, Crew game, and the start of autumn quarter on top of all this.

So, the fair came and went, no major events, no major photos to share.

So, let me begin with the wedding. My cousin, got married. My cousin who is like a little brother. My cousin who I adore, but don't get to see much these days. My cousin who is too young (25) to be getting married, but well you can't teach the young anything. My cousin, had a Redneck Weddin', now I didn't call it that, he did. It was on the sign outside of the church. I can show the sign because the name is on it, and of course I don't need any crazy stocking my cousin. I was asked to take wedding photos. This was an honor because, well, good grief, I'm not a pro here, but I did what I could and I hope they like 'em because, well, I can't just go out and do 'em over this weekend now can I.

These are just a sample of the over 1100 pictures I took and 300 or so I sent to the couple. Now this included posed and candids, no worries.

First there was a Bride...



My aunt made her dress, which was very nice, although the fabric was one of those horrible ones that wrinkle at first sight, darn fabric. President C would not approve, sorry, side bar, back to the photos.
This is the bride with her daughter, she is the cutest thing ever, stay back guys, she's not even 17, not until December.



Then there was the Groom and all his men...

The groom is in there, he's the one holding kid, the just got woke up from his nap kid.

This is the bride and groom's child--gotta love a 3-4, something year old's attitude when they just wake up from a nap, that they wanted to sleep longer. Hey, I understand I'm with him, don't wake me up until I'm ready!

Now if you pretend you are admiring the mailbox and how red it is, then he might peek over an you might get just the start of the smile.

We can't put it all on the child. I'm mean look-like father like son really.

The ceremony was lovely in a small town church, however the church was a fan of yellow stain glass for ALL it's windows, which was a horrible for inside shots. Just picture it in your head. Ok, ready, post ceremony...


They decided to release butterflies, which was a nice plan, except the butterflies did not want to fly away.

The bride and groom ran away.


But wait, they came back. They posed for a few pics---I didn't make them.


The Bride and Groom then drove away to their reception in a Kuboda...



On the way to the reception


Let there be cake...


Yep, a redneck cake


It got to be a bit much for my cousin


The munchkin got the groom's cake


By the end of the night it was getting a bit crazy.

This guy sums it up...there were even gold fish chugged...another story I think.


Let's hope their life is just as fun and interesting.

5 comments:

Jonathan and Michelle said...

Most awesome!!!

allie said...

Michelle:--Thanks!!!

Anonymous said...

About time you were back! More posts!

allie said...

Anonymous: Look two in a row, imagine!

allie said...

Anonymous: Look two in a row, imagine!