Friday, April 29, 2011

Friday Flashback...

Getting my passport, has me thinking of previous trips.  I have many files in my email and found a few old mass emails sent from the summer I lived in Ireland.

Life in Dingle...so far


I have settled into so weird form of small town routine. I have been working 50+ hours a week, but during the time I am not attempting to look forbidding to deter persons from shoplifting, I do have some fun. Monday's and Tuesday's are reserved for work, Wednesday's is movie night. I travel the 5 min walk to the Dingle Theatre, which consists of one lobby with a booth to buy my ticket and a booth right beside of it to buy candy, soda, etc., but they will not allow you to buy any of the junk food at the ticket booth, it is kinda funny and I'm sure I'm not describing it well. The movie screen is old school, a curtin opens up to reveal the show and large fake planters of flowers (much like a funeral home) are on either side of the screen. I am such a creature of habit and my need to sit in the middle of the middle, I always seem to sit in seat E9. :) So far I have seen, "Old School", "25th Hour"(which was great btw), "Rules of Attraction", and last night "Bruce Almighty".

Thursday allows for drinks at "The Small Bridge". Friday drinks everywhere, but most likely "Adam's Pub", Saturday dancing at the disco on top of "Small Bridge", Sunday drinks at "AirConer" and sometimes dancing at "The Hillgrove" the one nightclub. So there you have it lots of drinking and working. :) Also everyday I walk by the bay to remind myself I'm in Ireland and as someone very smart told me "better to work like a dog in Ireland than the U.S." (Thanks A)

Ok kids, it's my day off and it is actually sunny outside so I'm off to pack a lunch, book, and music and head to a small sandy area by the water, not really a beach, but it works. Miss ya all, and send lots of emails.

A

No comments: