Thursday, March 17, 2011

Irish Trivia Day...

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Who doesn't like a challenge, trivia, and prizes? I know, right! So today, post your answers to the questions below and Monday, I'll announce who had the most correct answers. Prizes, you get to choose an original According To Alison photo or surprize gift (trust me my budget does not allow for much, so don't get too excited).

Let the trivia begin.

1. Which country did most Irish immigrate to during the Irish Potato Famine in the 1840's?

2. Who was the first High King of Ireland? (Hint: Nice little pub in Columbus before closing in 2005.)

3. The Liffey Bridge in Dublin is also known as?

4. Where in Dublin is The Book of Kells on display?

5. Sunday, Bloody Sunday is an awesome song from what Irish band?

6. What is this blog writer's favorite traditional Irish song? (Hint: "Our love was on the wing, we had dreams and songs to sing...")

7. What county in Ireland did this blogger live in briefly? (Hint: I lived in the town of Dingle.)

8. What is the largest city in county Antrim?

9. Which group of islands in Ireland also give their name to a type of sweater?

10. St. Patrick drove all the what out of Ireland?



I can't get the photos off my phone today for some reason, so I'll have to share those later for the Mickey Finns last night. Grand time! You will have to trust me that Lou is here with me at work and enjoying this day celebrating St. Patrick.

2 comments:

Desi's Thoughts and Idea's said...

1. New York

2. Finnegan something or other?

3. don't know

4. In the library?

5. U2

6. The fields of Athen Rye?

7. County Claire

8. Cork?

9. Aryan

10. Heritics and pigs?

Anonymous said...

What...These were harder...

1. south africa
2. king alec
3. high bridge
4. kells museum
5. prodigals
6. Fields of Athen rye
7. cork
8. dingle
9. Argale
10.gold

forgive the spelling and the wrong answers...N