Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thursday Trivia...

Thursday trivia makes much more sense than Wednesday trivia, right.

Anyway...here are a few random tidbits that may help you with your next crossword puzzle or rousing trivia game with friends, or not.

Did you know...Sylvester Stallone wrote the script for Rocky and sold it for a very low price, on the condition that he star in the movie and receive a share of the profits. Rocky went on to win three Oscars in 1977: best director, best film editing, and best picture. It was also nominated in 7 other categories, including best writing for screenplay.

Can you guess who said this?..."Most people think life sucks, and then you die. Not me. I beg to differ. I think life sucks, then you get cancer, then your dog dies, your wife leaves you, the cancer goes into remission, you get a new dog, you get remarried, you owe ten million dollars in medical bills but you work hard for thirty-five years and you pay it back and then -- one day -- you have a massive stroke, your whole right side is paralyzed, you have to limp along the streets and speak out of the left side of your mouth and drool but you go into rehabilitation and regain the power to walk and the power to talk and then -- one day -- you step off a curb at Sixty-seventh Street, and BANG you get hit by a city bus and then you die. Maybe." ....guesses?

I'll give you a hint...he has the same birthday as me. Forget when that is? Ok, good grief, it's August 18. Oh, ok I'll just tell you. It was Irishman Denis Leary. I can really call him an Irishmen, because since both his parents are from County Kerry (the best county, by the way-because I lived there for a summer-I'll show you photos one day), he has dual citizenship.



That was a lot of trivia, I'll leave it at that.

Happy Thursday!

No comments: