Friday, November 19, 2010

More Bears...


So today lunch was (all that and) a bag of chips and cinnamon gummy bears. What, you ask cinnamon gummy bears, I've never heard of such a thing. Me either, I had to grab a quick lunch at the campus bookstore because I had about 15 minutes between meetings. This was not my original plan, but how it worked out. I went to pull out my phone to take a picture of the bears, because they look much more like bears then the orange ones to post on the blog, and guess what. No phone. Opps. It's on the kitchen table, at least I hope that is where I left it and I didn't drop it somewhere. I've saved a bear for you, no worries. I'll take it home and maybe later today, I'll post it. Let me tell you, if you like cinnamon and gummy bears, you would like these.

I have a bit of a bear issue this week, I know, I working through it. If I could afford therapy I would discuss it with the therapist, but all I've got is this little blog, so post my issues here.

It is Friday, right! Goodness, I hope so. Oh yes, it is, dinner with the marrieds tonight. I made a pie last night.

Ok, now let me tell you about last night. So, I live alone...all future stalkers, I took self defense and I will go for your eyes first if you dare try anything. Off topic, back on...I'm mixing my pie, doing a bit of laundry, trying to get all this done, so I can relax in front of the tele to watch Bones. Well pie is going well, called for a lot of butter, I thought and still believe but whatever, what is life without a little butter. I took my work clothes off to wash and was running around in a t-shirt. Now, I told you I live alone, so this is NOT a big deal. Well, it's not, until you hear a "knock, knock, knock" at the door.

Crap, I put down mixer, remember I have no pants on and grab the blanket off the sofa to wrap around me, so I can answer the door. I open the door a crack, thinking it was a friend that said they might stop by. No, wrong Keebler! It was three men, three, who wanted just a moment of my time to pass on the word of God. Ok, well, I understand you have a commitment to your God, church, fellowship, whatever, but I'm not going to invite three men I do not know into my house, alone. Also, it's cold outside and I'm not going to stand on the front stoop chatting about their idea of God. So, I kindly said, no thanks. With as much kindness as I could muster considering I was standing at the door with only a blanket around me. Then, they ask, well, are you just not interested or is this a bad time, can we come back. Well sir, it's after 8pm, I'm missing Bones, my pie is not in the oven yet, and I DON'T KNOW YOU! Well, that's what I wanted to say, but instead, I simply said, I'm not interested. Then, I think just to annoy me a bit more, they ask if I know any of my neighbors that would benefit from "the word of God". At this point, I wanted to just drop my blanket and tell them I was God and I was very unhappy with them, because I had sent a very clear list of names they should be contacting and they were not following my list---damn free will! However, I didn't, I stated the truth, I don't know my neighbors. Finally, Finally, they left. I went back to my pie, missed Bones, but oh well.

Let the crazy flow.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

This is baaaah-haaa out loud funny. Love it.

allie said...

T...I do have my moments. :)